Enjoy the life you have been given, and embrace each day with open arms as the best version of you.
Always remember this quote from Buddha:
“You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”
So, we bring before you 15 more ways to love yourself and bloom into the beautiful blossom you are.
1. Care about your appearance — not in a vain, superficial way. Care about how you look, so you can feel great when you leave the house. But, if you feel like wearing sweatpants and your hair in a bun to the grocery store once in a while, go f*cking do it.
2. Watch that movie or that Netflix series you’ve been meaning to see.
3. Be active. Exercising regularly releases endorphins and contributes to your level of happiness and will help you feel better about yourself.
4. Pick up a hobby. My roommates and I ordered paint-by-numbers from Amazon. It made me feel creative and allowed for some roommate bonding time.
5. Save up money and travel somewhere new. Try the sunrise at the top of Mount Haleakala in Maui. You will literally feel like you are in heaven.
6. Laugh at yourself. If you trip over your feet or realize your shirt is on inside out, don’t worry about it and make it a joke.
7. Do karaoke. Do it sober. Do it drunk. Sing. I read somewhere that the more you sing, the happier and healthier it will make you.
8. Eat less processed food. If you actually knew what was in that sh*t, you would be disgusted. Watch the documentary “Food Inc.” But, if you want to have fries, with extra, extra ranch sometimes, do it.
9. Dance. Freak Dance. Weird Dance. Make up a dance routine with your friends like you did when you were 12 years old.Stop caring about what you look like. Have fun.
10. Smile more. The more you smile, the happier you will feel. It makes others happier, too — trust me.
11. Do favors and don’t expect anything in return for the kindness of your heart.
12. Guard your heart, but be open. Don’t let people take advantage of you.
13. Be less judgmental. “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.”
14. Look up at the sky. Realize that sunsets are gorgeous. Look at the stars, as they’re pretty incredible, too.
15. You will never be able to please everyone. Not everyone will like you. You won’t like everyone you meet. That’s perfectly fine also.